You can’t out-train a bad diet!
• Contest officially begins on August 26th and ends on October 7th.
• The cost to participate is $150 for 6 weeks of nutrition challenge benefits.
• Participants will be asked to download MyFitnessPal and use it to track meals. Points will be awarded based on meals tracked (see below for point system).
• Participants will have the option of downloading the Healthy Steps Nutrition App to be part of a group challenge chat for Q&A and encouragement!
• Participants will have measurements taken at the beginning and end of the challenge: waist in., weight, body fat %. Points will be awarded for success in these categories.
• Nutrition coach will review MFP logs 1x/week and provide feedback in the form of an email.
• Nutrition coach will provide a nutrition primer before the challenge begins (see dates below) with guidance for a successful challenge.
• A prize will be awarded to the participant who has accumulated the greatest number of points.
• All participants who complete the challenge by weighing and measuring at the end of the challenge are eligible to enter the gyms True Nutrition program with a two-month commitment rather than the usual 3-month commitment.
• Existing nutrition clients are eligible to join the challenge for free, if they wish. Any existing nutrition clients who would like to join the challenge need to email [email protected] (see dates below) to join.
• We will cap participation so enter soon if you’re interested.
• Meals logged: 2 points each for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, water for a maximum of 10 points/day.
• >= 5% weight loss: 250 points
• >=1.5% body fat loss: 250 points
• >= 1 inch loss in waist: 100 points
• Maximum possible points over 6 weeks: 1,104
Sat, August 24th 8:30 a.m., & 10:00 a.m. nutrition primer (tentatively scheduled).
Sat, August 24th initial measurements taken between 10:40 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
Mon, August 26th challenge begins.
Mon, August 26th initial measurements taken 6:00 a.m.—7:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
6 weeks Bi-weekly points updated on shared google doc; weekly food-log reviews.
September 9/15—9/16 optional 1/2-way measurements taken; please schedule an appt.
Monday, October 7th challenge officially ends (No points awarded for tracking on this day)
October 7th—October 10th nutrition assessment with nutrition coach. Please schedule an appt. with coach at [email protected]
October 12th Winner announced. Fall Nutrition Challenge (you can’t out-train a bad diet!)